Radiation Safety Officer – (24 Hour)
[5% discount if 2 or more persons registered from the same company]
When registering for a class, please make sure you fill out the form in its entirety or it will not process.
Next classes: Dates: March 11 – 13, 2019
The 24-Hour course content is based upon regulatory guidance documents to include the NUREG 1556 Series. This would satisfy training requirements for most non-medical Radiation Safety Officers to include:
- Analytical and Industrial X-ray
- Fixed and Portable Gauge
- Industrial Radiography
- Research and Development
- Well Logging Supervisors
The lesson plan shall include:
- Basic radiation fundamentals
- Proper use of radiation and contamination survey instruments
- Management and Development of a Radiation Safety Program
- X-ray device safety and regulatory requirements
- Licensing and Registration of sources and machines
- Applicable regulations as found in 10CFR Parts 19, 20 and 30
- Specialized instruction as required from Parts 34, 36 and 39
- DOT requirements in accordance with 49CFR 172, Subpart H
- Radiation surveys and leak testing
- Emergency response
- Practical exercise that includes demonstrations with actual sources and devices
A Certificate of Completion will be provided upon completion of the final exam describing the appropriate regulatory reference(s).
AHP can provide interim staffing personnel to include radiation safety officer, radiation safety technician and/or health physicist on a short or long term basis.